Okay babe. So you’re standing at your bathroom basin. You’re smiling at yourself in the mirror. Looking cute, as always. Towel wrapped around you. Products staring at you.
You’re feeling retinol-ready.
But #letsbefrank, you’ve just got a few questions before you begin the journey. Totally normal. Grab my hand, babe. And let me walk you through the retinol rulebook.
How often should I use retinol?
Just like any good relationship, it takes a while for each party to get to know each other – and get comfortable with each other, too.
Start with using retinol once a week. This allows your skin to get used to the product, and build a tolerance. Once you get comfortable – up the ante, little by little. Eventually, you can work your way up to 3-4 times a week depending on your sensitivity.
If you’re using retinol for the first time, you might experience what’s known as “skin purging.” Retinol helps increase cell turnover, which means it can bring toxins and breakouts that were brewing below the surface to the surface of your skin. Things might get worse before they get better, but it will be worth it. Trust.
When do I apply retinol?
After the sun goes down, babe. After a busy day being a babe, wash off the day’s dirt with my Extra Clean Face Wash. Once your skin feels squeaky clean, and after you have applied my Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum, apply retinol onto your face and neck; down to your decolletage. Let it absorb into the skin. Then apply my Caffeinated Face Moisturizer as usual.
Retinol works its magic like a dream – AKA overnight. Wake up and see how smooth your skin feels. And make sure to apply SPF in the morning. Your skin will be a little more sensitive, so it’s important to protect it.
How do I apply retinol?
With me, of course. Apply a few pumps of my Rewind Retinol Serum onto your fingertips and gently dab onto your skin avoiding your eye area. Rub it in. Wink at yourself in the mirror. Job done.
Key tips on using retinol.
Retinol is simple to use, but it does come with a couple pivots in routine to get the most out of your product.
Rapid-fire retinol facts start…now.
- Retinol works into your skin overnight. Make sure to wash your face in the morning to start the day fresh.
- Wear sunscreen. I repeat. Wear sunscreen. Your skin may be a little bit more prone to sunburn, so keep it protected.
- Don’t use retinol on your eyelids. The skin is too thin and delicate. Save the lids for my Brightening Eye Serum.
- Don’t use Benzoyl peroxide, AHAs, BHAs while using retinol. Too many active products can be too overwhelming for the skin and lead to dry, inflamed skin.
- Your face loves retinol. But so does your neck and decolletage, babe. Apply there too.
And thank me later.
Kettle brewed. Tea spilled. Hair up. Skin cleansed.
You’re officially retinol ready.