Everybody’s head over heels for raw desserts at the moment – almost as crazy as I am about you.
As you know, I like to keep things natural. So keeping to tradition, I have a recipe for the tastiest, guilt free treats. They’re called bliss balls for a reason – easy to make, even easier to eat, and unique; just like you babe.
What you need:
- 1 cup of almonds/seeds/dessicated coconut
- 2 cups of pitted medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon organic maca powder
- ¼ cup of organic cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon acai powder
- Dessicated coconut (for rolling)
*Be unique: Individualise your seeds & nuts. Pick your favourites, so you don’t have to pick out those ones you don’t like. Think almonds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, flaxseed, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts… more is more, babe.
- In your blender, combine seed and nut mix until thoroughly ground and put aside in a separate bowl.
- Throw the dates into the blender with a small splash of water. Once blended, combine everything in the blender – including the maca, acai and cacao.
- Blend it all together until combined. The mixture should be seriously gooey by now – if need be, add small amounts of water until it’s sticky between your fingers.
- Now, time to get rolling – I’ll pre warn you it can be a messy job. You should be used to this, babe.
- With clean hands, roll into small balls (about the size of a golf ball) and roll it through shredded coconut. Pop into the fridge to help set, and store.
- Once set (or not) you can dig in.
Potential things to do while you wait for them to set:
- Call your best friend and proclaim you’re a masterchef.
- Get down and dirty with me. #justsaying
There you go, babe. A guilt-free, nutritious treat, packed with protein and sustenance. When you feel good on the inside, you’ll feel even better on the outside. After we’ve spent some quality time together, obviously. #thefrankeffect
Whilst you can’t eat any of my natural skincare range, you can eat these. #justthekindofguyiam
But if you really CBF, here are some pre-made ones which my mammas are quite fond of: Health Lab.