News flash: you’re a babe, with or without acne.
Do you embrace it? Great. Do you want less of it? That’s okay too. Whatever you want to do with your acne on your body, this blog is here to help you understand it a little better.
So, what actually causes body acne?
Acne happens when your pores get clogged with oil and dead skin cells.
Some things can impact your body acne.
- Hormones. Going through puberty? About to have a baby? Noticing a few zits on your chest that won’t quit? You can thank your hormones for that.
- Food. Some foods can trigger breakouts in some babes, like dairy.
- Stress. Which can cause pimples. Which can cause more stress. Oh no, babe.
- Genetics. There’s a high chance you got it from your mumma.
Some things don’t impact your body acne.
- Alcohol. Don’t stress, babe. That glass of red with dinner isn’t responsible for your breakouts. It is the reason for your flushed skin, however.
- Greasy food. The oil on your pizza won’t make you break out. But the cheese might.
- Dirt. You won’t break out more or less based on your hygiene. But you should still shower, babe. #letsbefrank
What are the different types of acne?
There are two types of acne: non-inflammatory and inflammatory. Knowing what you have is a good step to knowing what to do about it.
In the non-inflammatory corner we have whiteheads (closed clogged pores) and blackheads (open clogged pores).
In the inflammatory corner we have papules (raised pimples), pustules (pimples with pus), cysts (ruptured clogged pores) and nodules (tissue growth).
How to take care of acne on your back, chest, butt:
Start at the source, babe. First take care of dead skin and excess oil.
- Get rid of dead skin with an acne body scrub.
Exfoliation involves removing the top layer of dead skin cells that would otherwise block your pores and cause acne. Exfoliation also helps fade acne scars by removing dead skin cells, letting new cells form.
Exfoliating with any of my acne body scrubs will help remove the dead skin that blocks pores. Not sure where to start? Many babes say my Original Coffee Scrub helps with lumps, bumps, and marks. If you want something a bit more serious, try my A-Beauty Scrub. Packed with eucalyptus, which is antifungal and anti-inflammatory, you could call it an acne body scrub. Or a back acne scrub, if you want to get specific.
- Soak up the excess oil with an acne body wash.
Look for ingredients like kaolin or charcoal, whose special skills include mopping up excess oil and pulling out impurities (dead skin & bacteria) from your pores. That’s why I’ve included charcoal in my Charcoal Face Cleanser.
What are buttne, chestne, and bacne causes?
Certain things can increase the chances of getting clogged pores and create body acne: sweat, fragranced laundry detergent, tight clothes, heaters, exercise.
How to remove bacne, chestne, and buttne?
Just like you would the acne on your face. Body breakouts (bacne) remedies include exfoliation, using charcoal-based products, looser clothes, and remembering to shower after you work out.
As always babe, I’m here to support you. But if you’re ever unsure, you should always consult with your doctor or dermatologist.