#letsbefrank, each and every one of you loves to have a suntan. But sometimes, it has to come from a bottle. As a guy who knows other guys don’t love the smell/look/appearance of a fake tan, here are some tips to make it as natural as possible. Like me.
So, you’re a babe that doesn’t like the alabaster skin she was born with hey? Well firstly, I think it’s pretty beautiful, but I get it – sometimes you just like having a tan when you get around in your short shorts.
I’m glad that you’re choosing to fake it, at least. There’s no point scrubbing that skin smooth if you’re going to destroy it by sun baking and lying in solariums. Good girl.
But honey, lets be frank: There’s nothing worse than walking around looking like you just went for a dip in a tub full of dorritos. Patchy dorritos.
You want a streak free, golden glow, right? Well I’ve got a few handy tips to help you with it. That’s just the kind of guy I am.
1) Scrub before you rub. For your tan to go on evenly, you need an even base. Makes sense, yes? So hop in the shower and scrub yourself from top to toe, with me, of course. This helps to remove any dry, flakey skin that may cause your tan to look patchy.
2) You can choose to leave the oil residue on your skin to help minimise streaks. You can also mix your tan with a little moisturiser, taking special care on your knees, elbows, ankles, wrists and hairlines, the obvious tell-tale spots for fake tan.
3) Scrub your hands carefully with me again, to help remove any tan excess tan on your hands and knuckles. Orange palms are a no-no.
4) Invest in a ninja outfit. Let’s not stain the couch, bedsheets and your cute cotton Pj’s in the process. An all black onesie is your best bet and rock it ’til the morning.
5) Rinse, rinse, rinse. Use a light body wash to remove any fake tan scent that still lingers, and use me to scrub any areas that may be too dark, or streaky. But if you were a clever frankfurt and followed the above guidance, there shouldn’t be any.
6) It’s been about a week, and depending on the quality of your tan you may be starting to turn a little patchy. It’s not a good look – let’s save the snakeskin effect for your boots. Get scrubbing to remove stubborn tan that’s hanging around, and even out your skin tone. Or scrub your whole bod clean and start the process again.