If coconut means summer, then carrot means cake. Right? Wrong. It means Coconut-Carrot Cake balls.
I asked my main man, Dan Churchill to whip something up inspired by my coconut body scrub and he came up with balls. And lots of them. They’re as delicious as they are cute, but not as cute as you, babe.
Coconut-Carrot Cake Balls
Craving something naughty and nice to compliment your shower date with me and my coconut body scrub? I don’t blame you. In fact, I encourage it. I’ll get Dan to serve these up for you. #letsbefrank
500 grams Carrots, diced
1 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
Pinch of Salt
3 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1/3 Cup Almond Flour
1/3 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1/3 Cup Coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the carrots, olive oil, salt and cinnamon.
- Turn out onto a lined baking tray and roast for 18-20 minutes or until carrots are soft but not crunchy.
- Add coconut milk, vanilla extract, honey and carrots to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Turn out into a bowl and add the flour and do so gradually as you are just trying to thicken the mixture slightly, not dry it out.
- Using your hands roll the mixture into gold ball size balls, and place onto a lined tray (you can wet your hands with cold water in between to make the task easier), repeat with remaining mix.
- Pop in the fridge to firm up for 45 minutes.
- Combine desiccated coconut and coconut sugar in a bowl and pour onto plate, roll the balls all over in the mix and eat these little bad boys up till your hearts content!!!!
I’ll be waiting in the bathroom to clean your hands, babe.