You cleanse, scrub and moisturise every day but still your skin is not behaving. Without even realising it, you go about your day doing things to undo all your hard work in the shower with me. Let’s fix that.
5 ways to not f*** up your skin.
- Think how many times a day you reach for your mobile phone, or put your sunglasses down. Then think about the surface you pick said device up from? You have no idea what has been on that surface pre-you. Safe to say, it’s dirty. Be mindful what you’re putting up against your face, and perhaps consider wiping it down occasionally, first.
- That list of ingredients on the back of products is not just there for legal reasons, but for YOU reasons. Take the time to read the contents of what you’re putting on your skin. Do a cull of your beauty bag and ditch nasties such as Parabens, Pegs and Phthalates because they’re just that, nasty. Head in the natural direction. #letsbefrank I can help with that.
- How easy is it to head to coffee in your workout gear with the girls from the gym? Very, or so I hear. No time for a shower? That’s fine, but do me a favour and take your favourite cleanser to the gym. Quickly duck into the bathroom and unclog the remaining sweat from your pores. Your skin and I will thank you, promise.
- If you don’t like to get your hands dirty and prefer to use makeup brushes, make sure you clean or replace them. They sit around, waiting for you to play with them. Building up dust and dirt, holding onto that little extra foundation you didn’t want on your nose. Make sure you shampoo them and chat with your local makeup store on how often is best to replace them.
- The seasons are changing. And so is your skin. Be wary of what’s changing around you, whether it’s the weather outside or the heater/air con you’re blasting in your direction. It can affect your insides and your outsides more than you’d be aware. Remember to rehydrate your skin no matter the temperature.
Your daily routine is packed with things good for you, and things less so. Let’s make the things you can’t avoid, that little bit better. And cleaner.
And if all else fails, I’ll pick up the pieces in the shower, later.