Chocolate fixes everything, right? You’ve had a bad day, you reach for chocolate. It’s cold outside, grab a hot chocolate. It’s shower time, my cacao scrub it is. It’s okay babe, I get it.
Chocolate isn’t good for dogs, but it is for babes. For your insides, and your outsides.
I got my main man Dan Churchill to make you babes a Chocolate Torte because #letsbefrank you need arms to bake. And his do alright.
3-Ingredient Chocolate Tort
Perfect for any skill level and packed with the essential antioxidant cacao, this is the best way to look after your insides after I’m done with your outsides. #thefrankeffect
- 500g 62% chocolate
- 250g grass fed butter
- 6 eggs
Sea Salt to serve
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Bring a saucepan on medium heat to a simmer and put a large mixing bowl on top, making sure that the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Melt chocolate and butter in the bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl over the same simmering saucepan, whisk the eggs with an elective whisk. Note: I actually use the manual one with a handle. Whisk for 5 minutes then remove from the heat and continue to whisk until the bowl cools down. It should triple in volume.
- Using a spatula, fold a third of the egg mix into the chocolate mix and once incorporated, repeat with remaining egg mix.
- Pour into a butter-greased and paper lined cake tin, bake for 5 minutes, cover with foil and cook for a further 8-12 minutes. It should still wobble when shaken. Allow to cool for 30 mins, cover tin with plastic wrap until firm. (1-2 hours)
- Carefully release from tin, and serve with sea salt.
I would say you’re welcome, babes. But #letsbefrank, it was all Dan.