It’s time to treat yourself to the good stuff, babe. I’ve got a recipe for the perfect pancakes – I think you’re going to flip out (see what I did there?). And make note that that they’re gluten free and refined sugar free. Just not vegan, sorry chicks. (See what I also did there?)
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup of milk*
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Coconut oil or butter (for frying)
*Substitute ingredients: cow’s milk, coconut milk or almond milk work well.
- Make your wet mixture: whisk milk, eggs, vanilla and honey together. In a separate bowl combine flour and baking soda, add in the salt. Make a well in the centre and pour in the wet mixture – stir together until it’s a smooth consistency. ‘Hurrah!’ You haven’t made a mess. Eat some congratulatory batter.
- Batter up – you’re ready to bake, babe. Over medium heat, use a large non-stick frying pan and brush with oil or butter. Pour a small portion of batter onto the pan, once you see little bubbles appear – flip them over. It will take a few minutes to cook on either side. If you actually manage to master the flip – take a selfie. Instagram should probably know about this, right?
It’s time to enjoy your fluffy stacks of goodness. Serve with fresh berries, banana, lemon juice, or maple syrup. Eat up babe, it’s heaven on a plate.