Hey babes, it’s Shani here.
When you would rather spend your $30 dollars on Vodka, Lime & Sodas when you’re out with the gals, but you realised that migoreng & 2 min noodles aren’t cutting it for you anymore. Well this meal is for you. I am not going to bore you with extra cost of each ingredient down to the cent – but just trust me.
This meal is C-H-E-A-P
Probs defs under $30… if not $20
What to do with leftover veggies… My simple tip for everything – Grate it up, add some curry powder to it, add an egg & make fritters! Check out my insta story highlight for Curry Fritters @keep.it.simple.shani
Chicken Pad Thai w. Zoodles
2 eggs – roughly beaten
1 clove of garlic, minced
½ onion, cut into strips
1 breast of chicken, cubed
1 pak choy, roughly chopped
1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
Dash of water
Juice of ½ lime & Lime wedge to serve
Fresh chillies to serve
Crushed Peanuts to serve
Fresh basil to serve
Bean shoots to serve
- In a frying pan, heat some oil. Pour in the whisked egg and fry. Flip egg over and fry the other side.
- Once it is cooked, cut into 1.2cm thick strips or leave whole and set aside.
- Heat olive oil or coconut oil in a large wok. Once hot, add the garlic and onion. Sauté until browned.
- Add the chicken and cook until brown.
- Spoon in the peanut butter. Stir until the peanut butter has melted slightly.
- Add in the broccoli & a dash of water. Stir until the broccoli is bright green on the outside but not fully cooked.
- Add in the remainder of the vegetables (except topping ingredients) and stir fry until cooked through.
- Drizzle with lime juice, season with salt and pepper.
For more healthy treats, visit www.keepitsimpleshani.com
Don’t burn the house down babe.