Firstly, what are acne scars?
Often babes get the red dots left after an active pimple confused with a scar, this is your bodies natural response to any sort of skin trauma aka the pimple that was there at the wrong place, wrong time. Naturally these will face but they are not to be confused with scarring. Scarring is the uneven skin that creates a crater like look and feel. Don’t worry fret babe. If the dots are getting you down, there are plenty of tricks to reduce them but #letsbefrank, you’re a babe no matter what.
What can you do to prevent them?
Acne can be caused by a lot of things from hormones and genetics to diet. First thing’s first, you want to focus on active acne. Charcoal based products are best for this. Charcoal swoops in to save the day with its detoxifying powers. It draws all the nasties like dirt and bacteria out. The result? Dreamy skin, like an Insta filter. You can find it in my Creamy Face Cleanser. Gentle enough for sensitive skin but naturally strong to draw out dirt, impurities and arm your skin with a protective layer of defences.
That’s not my only trick though, my Anti-Drama Face Mask works as a spot treatment too. As soon as those zits appear, dab a pea size amount of the Anti-Drama Face Mask onto the head of your pimple, some people will choose toothpaste over me, but you’ll see who the real winner is.
While we can’t always prevent it from happening, there are other ways to help send acne on it’s way, like avoiding wearing makeup to bed or to the gym. Sweat build up under make-up will create pimples right under your nose, better yet don’t wear make-up at all. You’re a babe without it anyway.
What to do if nothing is working and you still get pimples?
Don’t touch, treat them with the right products and keep yourself hydrated. Clean your face morning and night. For the morning use my Creamy Face Cleanser. and for night time use my Anti-Makeup Cleansing Oil. The more you pick, the worse the scars they leave behind will be, babe.
So, what do you do about the scars?
- Rosehip oil is your new best friend, after me of course. It reduces redness, scarring and aids in overall skin hydration. Lucky for you, I use rosehip oil in a lot of my products, like my Creamy Face Scrub.
- Hydration. Plump, glowy skin will minimize the appearance of your sad scars. Water, Moisturizer and my Anti-Angry Face Mist for when you need a quick boost.
- Clay. White clay has been used for centuries to remove dead skin cells whilst helping to create new ones. You can find it in my Creamy Face Scrub.
- Marshmallow Root . Yep, the ‘sugar is good for you’ excuse you’ve been waiting for. Calms redness and irritation. Find it in my Creamy Face Cleanser.
- Laser beams- Some babes recommend this but #letsbefrank, they’re $$$. Personally, I think your money is better spent on other things, like me and espresso martinis.
But remember: pimple or bump, you’re a babe no matter what.